The Adairsville Police Department conducted an undercover investigation of underage alcohol and CBD sales between the dates of May 26, 2021, and June 30, 2021, at the Fast Track (CITGO) convenience store located at 7320 Hwy 140 Adairsville.
The city of Adairsville has revoked the store’s alcohol permit indefinitely as a result of the violations.
The following individuals were arrested and charged after the investigation.
- Iftikhar Rukhshandah, age 55 of Cartersville charged with sale of CBD products to a person under 21.
- Tiffany Tucker, age 25 of Calhoun charged with sale of CBD product to a person under 21 and no alcohol permit.
- Xena Cooper, age 23 of Adairsville charged with sale of CBD products to a person under 21 and no alcohol permit.
- Usman Addr Khalid age 30 of Acworth charged with sale of alcohol to a person under 21, sales of CBD to a person under 21, and no alcohol permit.
- Aamir Shahzad age 52 of Cartersville charged with no alcohol permit, failure to ensure that employees had alcohol permits, failed to be present one-third of open business hours, and failure to have CBD products secured behind a counter.