Monday, Feb. 27, 2023–12:33 p.m.
-David Crowder, WRGA News-
The Floyd County Commission will recognize members of the community who have made an impact during a special presentation for African American History month Tuesday night.
The community was invited to nominate citizens who continue to serve the greater good for recognition.
Last year’s recipients included Dr. Robersteen Howard, Gary Allan Jones II, and Chris Twyman.
Several purchases are also on the agenda for the county commission meeting, including:
- Six laptops, mounts, and software for new SUVs from Law and Order Technology, LLC for the Floyd County Sheriff’s Office in the amount of $29,190 using 2017 SPLOST funds.
- The installation of security film for the E-911 Center windows in the amount of $3,635 from the Tint Guy from 2017 SPLOST 911 renovation funds.
- Four water heaters for Building B and one for Laundry Service from Twin Systems LLC for the Floyd County Jail for a total amount of $63,120. The water heaters for Building B will be purchased using the 2017 SPLOST funds. The heater for the laundry side will be purchased for $13,110 using Capital Budget funds.
- IT Switch Redundancy items from Logical Systems in the amount of $48,410 using funds from the 2017 SPLOST GL Account.
- Ford Pursuit SUV from Wade Ford for the Floyd County Prison in the amount of $39,675 using 2017 SPLOST funds.
- One Caterpillar 232D3, Bobcat Ss64 Skid Steer Loader or equal for the Recycle Center from Yancey Brothers Company in the amount of $51,270 using 2017 SPLOST funds.
The commission will also consider the approval of Midian Roofing for consulting services at the Historic Courthouse in the amount of $5,000 using funds from the 2017 Historic Courthouse Renovations GL account, and the approval of a capital equipment budget revision and budget increase to reallocate $75,000 of approved funds to purchase a new F350 Crew Cab Dump truck. The budget increase is for the purchase/replacement of two new F250 Pickup Trucks in the amount of $80,000. This was approved by the Public Utilities and Transportation Committee meeting.
The Floyd County Commission meeting begins at 6 p.m. at the Floyd County Administration Building at 12 East 4th Avenue. The caucus begins at 4 p.m.