Friday, June 16, 2023–8:57 p.m.
-Floyd County Police News Release-
A Garden Lakes man has been charged with the death of another in relation to an earlier overdose death.
He is being held with no bond for that offense plus drug and weapon charges.
The Rome Floyd Metro Task Force executed a search warrant Thursday at the home of Anthony Brooks Cain after linking Cain to a recent overdose death.
The search of 106 Tyler Street revealed more than a pound of marijuana, 12.5 grams of methamphetamine, 87 grams of fentanyl, and prescription medications with a total street value of almost $20,000.
Cain was also found to be in possession of more than 40 firearms, some of which had been illegally altered. Three homemade explosive devices were also seized along with two vehicles and more than $30,000 in cash.
Cain is being held without bond at Floyd County Jail on charges of:
● Involuntary Manslaughter
● Possession of Schedule I controlled substances
● Possession of Schedule I with intent to distribute
● Possession of methamphetamine
● Possession of marijuana over 1 ounce
● Possession of marijuana with intent to distribute
● Trafficking in Illegal drugs (Fentanyl)
● Possession of a machine gun
● Possession of destructive devices
● Possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony